The Global Composition
Conference on Sound, Media and the Environment
Darmstadt/Media Campus Dieburg (Hochschule Darmstadt), July 25-28, 2012 (near Frankfurt Airport)
Deadline for submission: March 1, 2012
Notification: April 20, 2012
Proposals are invited for papers/posters, workshops, roundtable discussions, applied and artistic contributions, relating, but not limited to the conference’s main topics.
Suggested topics are:
- the idea of a collaborative and sustainable macro-soundscape or global composition
- sound design/soundscape design/soundscape creation
- influencing environmental sound – environmental sounds’ influences
- methods of perceiving/analyzing/creating/reconstructing soundscapes
- the role of technology and media in enhancing/obstructing sound(scape) awareness and critical listening
- (media) ecological approaches as the basis for listening cultures
- pedagogical aspects of listening
- media aeshetic/media cultural education and listening
- recent research on environmental sound, acoustic ecology and related issues
Please, send your abstracts for papers/posters, workshops, roundtable discussions etc. & proposals for compositions or other artistic contributions until March 1, 2012. All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by the conference’s committees.
Committee members: http://www.the-global-composition-2012.org/commitees.html
For the conference proceedings the finalized papers should be submitted by June 26, 2012.
Confirmed Keynote presenters are so far: Bill Fontana, R. Murray Schafer, Hildegard Westerkamp et al.
Providing a specially positioned “Next Generation”-thread, the conference is very interested, to create a forum for young scholars, scientists, artists as well as for students, and encourages them to send in their proposals.
Please note, that our venue is situated not far from Frankfurt airport in beautiful historic surroundings, providing not only the productive frame for an interesting conference, but also attractive landscapes, very good wine, culinary highlights, therefore good conditions for exchange and conviviality. All this makes, too, a central starting point for your summerbreak, be it locally, nationally or internationally.
We hope to welcome you in summer on our Media Campus Dieburg.
Sabine Breitsameter & Claudia Söller-Eckert
Conference Project Direction
Contact for general information: email@example.com
The conference is supported by the “Understanding Canada”-programme/Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade and the Embassy of Canada Berlin, in collaboration with Darmstädter Ferienkurse/Darmstadt Summercourse, Cork Institute of Technology/School of Music, Ireland and endorsed by the World Forum for Acoustic Ecology.
-- Eric Leonardson E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 773-342-5012 Skype: worldlistening http://ericleonardson.org/whatsnew/ http://www.worldlisteningproject.org/ http://mwsae.org/ http://www.chicagophonography.org/ http://twitter.com/eleona http://www.facebook.com/eric.leonardson